Hi to everyone looking for a fresh start,
In our last video we talked about packing for a big trip. As we mentioned, we are currently in the stages of beginning our cross-country trip from North Carolina to California, so if you don’t know, now you know, Mr. President. We will be documenting this trip in a lot of forms over the next month and a half and thought maybe this could be helpful to others who are young and uprooting their lives. Despite our wildly informative how to video, we wanted to give some concrete information about what its actually like packing for a cross-country trip or move. This post contains all the emergency car materials and accessible, personal items we are taking with us. This post does not contain every other item that we own to our names crammed into our lil cars, because that would be excessive. Without further adieu…
Emergency car kit:
- 2 gallon gas tank
- Wrench/basic tools
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Baby wipes
- Toilet Paper
- Extra phone chargers
- Not pictured: water, extra oil, coolant, jumper cables, and an INFLATED spare tire
We wanted to pack enough clothing to take diverse and ~cute~ pictures like the millennials we are. We are going to a lot of places like Savannah, Houston, Las Cruces, and more so a plethora of clothing for varying temps and humidities is needed.
- Tennis shoes
- Comfortable sandals to walk around in
- Clubbing heels
- Casual heels, such as Mary Jane heels
- Fancy flats
- 3 day dresses
- Gym shorts
- Tanks and t-shirts
- Sports bras
- Normal bras and/or bralettes
- 4 casual tops
- 2 casual bottoms (shorts or skirts)
- Lots o’ undies
- Every last one of your lipsticks
- Daily and glam makeup
- Large, black purse full of any toiletries for more organization
- Contacts and glasses
- Any prescriptions and vitamins
- Computer and charger
- Phone and charger
- GoPro/DSLR and charger
- Did we forget to mention to bring chargers?
Here are a few examples of what we will be using on specific days!
Driving 9 hours?
- A soft t-shirt
- Gym shorts
- Water and water bottle
- Favorite pair of sunglasses
- Tennis shoes or comfy shoes
- Not pictured: hair ties, iPhone loaded with tunes, sports bra/loose bralette and the will to survive
Walking around in humid New Orleans?
- A sundress, or cool comfy clothes
- Walking shoes
- Handy dandy satchel
- Rice paper because we don’t know about you but humidity = faces greasier than Mcdonald’s fries
- Your favorite camera
- Not pictured: water, sunscreen, and an appetite for beignets
Biking the Grand Canyon?
- Your bike, and maybe a bike pump
- Athletic shorts
- A cut off t-shirt, because why not?
- Your best sports bra
- Tennis shoes
- Not pictured: sunscreen, a map (probably), GoPro with full head strap so you don’t lose a second of memories but instead lose all your dignity
Going out to a Britney Spears show in Las Vegas?
- Hardy going-out dress
- Small purse with strap, so you don’t lose it
- Good walking around heels, this is essential
- Not pictured: full face of makeup, 4 shots of tequila, and your best smelling Britney Spears perfume (we recommend Curious)
If you have any suggestions on what else to pack OR roadside attractions we need to stop at, let us know!
Wishing you all life changing adventures,